WriteLessons, from Cherryleaf, provides you with access to a collection of online courses in technical communication, under a low cost monthly subscription plan.
Expand your knowledge, become a better technical communicator
You have access to all of the courses in the collection, and you can cancel your subscription at any time. We’ll be adding extra courses to this collection.
Certificates (if you need them to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements) are available on request.
You can take any or all of these online courses:
- Managing Technical Documentation Projects
- Planning user documentation in an Agile environment
- What is Technical Documentation?
- Making the Business Case for Technical Documentation
- Estimating Time Budgets for Documentation Projects
- Technical Documentation Standards
- Metrics in Technical Documentation
- Developing User Documentation in an Agile Environment
- Planning and Implementing a Content Strategy Project
- This is for people planning and implementing a content strategy project. This can be for a website as well as for technical documentation.
- Single Sourcing and Content Reuse
- This online training course teaches the basic skills in single sourcing and writing content for reuse.
- This course is for you if you want to re-use, re-publish and re-purpose more content, and need to understand single sourcing and plan a single sourcing migration project.
- See Single sourcing and content reuse training course for more information.
- Revising and Editing Content
- Currently available as a beta release.
- Revising content
- Revising tools
- Editing and revising exercises
- Getting your content reviewed
- The relationship between editors and writers
- DITA Fundamentals
- This course is for people both new to DITA and already using DITA.
- See DITA fundamentals for more information.
- Developing API documentation
- Primarily aimed at REST APIs, this training course will help you to organise, write, plan and control your API documentation.
- See Documenting APIs training course – writing and managing for more information.
- Markdown – Friend or Foe
- A presentation on the pros and cons of Markdown.
- Writing and Designing Embedded Help
- This course helps UX developers and technical communicators better understand how to create and write UI Help text and embedded Help.
- See Writing UI Embedded Help text training course for more information.
These courses let you explore a subject at your own pace. In addition to video modules, there are practical exercises for you to complete.
If you want to become a Junior, Certified Member or Certified Fellow of the technical communicators’ national professional body - the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (ISTC) - Cherryleaf’s training courses can help. Junior Members, Members and Fellows are certified by the ISTC through a vetting process, with Members and Fellows entitled to use the initials MISTC or FISTC after their names. All ISTC members have a responsibility to maintain their professional competence through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) , and Cherryleaf’s courses can help demonstrate you are extending and updating your skills.
If you need to cancel your subscription
Don't worry. You can stop when you want, and the subscription will finish at the end of that month. You will be able to cancel any future payments if you submit your request using the “Cancel your subscription” link in your accounts page prior to your next scheduled payment date.
Cherryleaf is a technical writing services company formed in 2002 by people with a passion for technical communication and learning development.
Cherryleaf is recognised as a leader within the technical communication profession. Our staff have written articles for the Society for Technical Communication's (STC) Intercom magazine, the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicator's Communicator journal and tekom's TCWorld magazine. They've also written books on technical communication. We've presented webinars for Adobe, Madcap Software or the STC, and we've spoken at various conferences around the world.
Today, organisations throughout Europe use Cherryleaf’s services so they can provide clear information that enables users and staff to complete tasks productively.