Writing UI Text Training Course
Learn the fundamentals of writing UI text for an application
UX writing and UI text are becoming more important within software and websites, particularly as Web-based software applications and mobile apps increase. This can lead to a need for the UX, marketing and technical writing teams to communicate in a common language and to establish common goals, strategies, metrics and vision.
This course teaches the fundamentals of writing UI text for an application. It helps UX developers and technical communicators better understand how to create and write this type of content.
Who is this course for?
This course is for teams who need to provide effective UI text and inline Help in their applications, and who want to develop their skills in this area.
- The course modules are delivered over the Web in small, manageable video presentations. You can pause the videos at any time and return to the course at times that suit you.
- You can download the course handouts.
- You have the option of taking the course on an iPhone or iPad, using the MyTeachable app in the Apple App Store.
- You can preview some of the course modules.
- The courses are hosted and sold by via the Teachable platform. From a VAT perspective, they are the “Merchant of Record”, and receipts contain their VAT number.
Cherryleaf is a technical writing services company formed in 2002 by people with a passion for technical communication and learning development.
Cherryleaf is recognised as a leader within the technical communication profession. Our staff have written articles for the Society for Technical Communication's (STC) Intercom magazine, the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicator's Communicator journal and tekom's TCWorld magazine. They've also written books on technical communication. We've presented webinars for Adobe, Madcap Software or the STC, and we've spoken at various conferences around the world.
Today, organisations throughout Europe use Cherryleaf’s services so they can provide clear information that enables users and staff to complete tasks productively.
StartDefinitions - What is UX and UI? (6:51)
StartMessaging components (8:52)
StartMessaging states (11:04)
StartHow do I create UI text for an application? (11:47)
StartCreating inline Help (3:37)
StartWhat is the purpose of UI text? (1:51)
StartWriting best practices (11:58)
StartWhat skills do I need to be a UI/UX writer? (4:15)
StartWriting for a global audience (3:18)